It’s officially the end of spooky season and that means time for another wrap-up!
Okay we are still not doing so hot on the reading front but we may be picking up steam again?? I read five books.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★ [full review]
- The Never-Tilting World by Rin Chupeco ★★★★ [full review]
- Going Off Script by Jen Wilde ★★★★ [full review]
- It by Stephen King ★★★ [full review]
- Tell Me How You Really Feel by Amina Mae Safi ★★★★ [review to come]
- Pages Read: 2729
- ARCs Read: 1
- Favourite Book: …………..It by Stephen King, funnily enough.
- Average Rating: 4 stars
posts i loved
- Xandra @ Starry Sky Books wrote a great post on young adult literature in academia.
- Bookish Heights recommended a bunch of spooky LGBTQ books. Just because spooky season is over doesn’t mean we can’t still read spooky books!
- Anna and Charlotte @ Reads Rainbow wrote a very thoughtful discussion post on LGBTQ representation and stories of tragedy.
- Anniek @ Anniek’s Library recommended 20 books with asexual characters.
- The Quiet Pond recommended Asian books based off myth and folklore for the Year of the Asian reading challenge!
- May @ Forever and Everly wrote a post about the portrayal of “realistic” teens in YA.
- I literally cannot think of a single thing of note I’ve done this month.
tell me about your october!! what was the spookiest book you read??